Darren

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 posts – 46 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #604
    Darren
    Keymaster

      Louise,

      Here is getting Data form Power Automate into Smartsheet, except for the attachments. I’ve done some attachment getting in PA before from Smartsheet, just need to work it out in this flow.

      Is what I show in this video what you are envisioning? You can format the email better of course!

      in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #603
      Darren
      Keymaster

        Going to take a little bit to work through this, but I’ll have an update for you later this week!!

        in reply to: Index Match and Converting to a Column Formula #601
        Darren
        Keymaster

          Great! If you start the following video at 25:40 you can get an idea of how you can use another sheet to collect updates through a form.

          https://smartsheetguru.com/2025/02/13/13-feb-2025-session-auto-indent-new-rows-under-a-parent-row-hierarchy/

          in reply to: Index Match and Converting to a Column Formula #599
          Darren
          Keymaster

            Louise,
            I’m unsure of your exact use case, but You can do this by using another column for the first and last names. I created a quick video to show what I came up with. This doesn’t ensure that you get the latest entry should there be multiple, but it gives you the first previous entry that matches the Person ID.

            I’m not checking for blanks in the collect range, so that might be something you want to consider in case you have more than 1 matching person ID that has a blank last name.

            Here’s the video. Let me know if that works!

            in reply to: Pulling the date into a text column #597
            Darren
            Keymaster

              Add some if conditions for the Month and Day are less than 10 and if so add in a 0 as follows:

              =”” + YEAR([Release Event Start Date]@row) + IF(MONTH([Release Event Start Date]@row) < 10, 0) + MONTH([Release Event Start Date]@row) + IF(DAY([Release Event Start Date]@row) < 10, 0) + DAY([Release Event Start Date]@row) + " " + [Release Event (from Change Tracker)]@row

              in reply to: Pulling the date into a text column #595
              Darren
              Keymaster

                Peggy,
                Yes! This is doable. You are close. Since you are converting the date to text, you don’t need the DATE() function. Also, because the year(), month(), and day() functions return numerical values, Smartsheet will try to add them vs concatenating them.

                That is easy to fix however! All you need to do is add an empty space with double quotes are the very beginning of the formula, and that will force Smartsheet to concatenate the numbers instead of adding them.

                Here is the formula I used in the attached screenshot.

                =”” + YEAR([Release Event Start date]@row) + MONTH([Release Event Start date]@row) + DAY([Release Event Start date]@row) + ” ” + [Release Event]@row

                Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                in reply to: Carriage Return in hyperlink #594
                Darren
                Keymaster

                  Kevin,
                  I found this site Googling, but I don’t claim how accurate it is. However, it does show the char(10) and char(13) characters there, if you copy and paste the address in there!

                  http://asciivalue.com/

                  in reply to: Carriage Return in hyperlink #593
                  Darren
                  Keymaster

                    Kevin,
                    I found the issue. It isn’t apparent, but what happened is that in the text you have for the address, there are 2 special characters. One is the line feed represented by char(10), the other is a Carriage return represented by char(13).

                    So, you’ll have to run another substitute on your text to replace char(13) with whatever character or “” to totally remove it.

                    I got lucky and guessed that this was the additional character. I’ll need to look for a way to be able to see what special characters are there other than guess and check.

                    I left some formulas in the sheet you shared in row 2.

                    For a list of ASCII characters and codes see here: https://www.ascii-code.com/

                    in reply to: Carriage Return in hyperlink #591
                    Darren
                    Keymaster

                      Kevin,
                      Ok. share your sheet with the formula to my email and I’ll take a look!

                      in reply to: Carriage Return in hyperlink #589
                      Darren
                      Keymaster

                        Kevin,
                        Thank you for the follow up. I’m glad you were able to figure it out!

                        in reply to: Adding Last Update (date & time) metric to dashboard #588
                        Darren
                        Keymaster

                          Peggy,
                          That’s great! Thank you for confirming 🙂

                          in reply to: Adding Last Update (date & time) metric to dashboard #586
                          Darren
                          Keymaster

                            Peggy,

                            I put together a video with a solution. I think this will work for your needs?

                            in reply to: Sharing Subfolders #585
                            Darren
                            Keymaster

                              Stacey,
                              Unfortunately no. At least not at this time. Will Smartsheet change this? Possibly…

                              Only way to share these items would be to share each one individually with the intended users or group.

                            Viewing 13 posts – 46 through 58 (of 58 total)