Peggy Parchert

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts – 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Notification automations where email contains “+” #670
    Peggy Parchert
    Participant

      Hi Darren,

      Yes – the sheet allows sending to external users. This is the first time I’ve seen an email address with a “+” in it (there have been 39 submissions to date in this sheet). None of the previous entries had a “+” in the email. That is why I’m thinking it is the problem. Any assistance would be appreciated!

      Thanks!

      in reply to: Comparing sheet data #657
      Peggy Parchert
      Participant

        I created two sheets: Bad Sheet and Good Sheet with ID columns. I then added a Helper column to the Good Sheet and put in this formula:

        =IFERROR(IF(INDEX({Bad Sheet ID}, MATCH(ID@row, {Bad Sheet ID}, 0)) = ID@row, “Yes”, “No Match”), “No Match”)

        I made the Helper column a column formula column.

        This formula checks if the current row’s ID appears in a range call {Bad Sheet ID} – confirming if it matches exactly.

        Step-by-Step:
        1. MATCH(ID@row, {Bad Sheet ID}, 0)
        1.1 Searches for the current row’s ID in the {Bad Sheet ID} range
        1.2 0 means exact match only
        1.3 Returns the row number where the match is found (if found)

        2. INDEX({Bad Sheet ID}, MATCH(…))
        2.1 Uses that row number to return the matching value from {Bad Sheet ID}
        2.2 Basically saying: “Give me the ID from the sheet where this row matches”

        3. Compare:
        3.1 Checks if the result equals ID@row
        3.2 If yes → “Yes”
        3.3 If not → “No Match”

        4. IFERROR(…, “No Match”)
        4.1 If the MATCH() fails (i.e., the ID isn’t found), returns “No Match” instead of an error

        Hopefully this helps.

        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        in reply to: Comparing sheet data #649
        Peggy Parchert
        Participant

          Hi Tamarin –

          I use an INDEX/MATCH Formula to do this – Michael is too fast 🙂 and said just what I was going to.

          I have a helper column in my EMS Lab Profile sheet (good sheet) that contains the formula:

          =IFERROR(IF(INDEX({Skillable: Lab Profiles ID}, MATCH([Lab Profile]@row, {Skillable: Lab Profiles Name}, 0)) = [Lab Profile ID]@row, “Yes”, “No Match”), “No Match”)

          I then have a report that only shows me those that are “No Match” so I can investigate.

          Peggy

          in reply to: Notification CPE Script ran #636
          Peggy Parchert
          Participant

            Thanks Darren – I’ll try setting something up with the summary row. I’ll keep you all posted.

            in reply to: Notification CPE Script ran #634
            Peggy Parchert
            Participant

              Hi Darren,

              It is a one-time script – it runs, checks the CPE Script column if the line item meets criteria set in the script and then an automation notifies each line item that CPEs were issued and locks the rows.

              Would using Sheet Summary work (maybe two fields?) with a date-based notification?

              in reply to: Pulling the date into a text column #598
              Peggy Parchert
              Participant

                Thank you! that worked – greatly appreciate the help!!!

                in reply to: Pulling the date into a text column #596
                Peggy Parchert
                Participant

                  I got this to work but I need the month and day to always be 2 digits. How do I ensure that?

                  Working formula:

                  =IFERROR(“” + YEAR([Release Event Start Date]@row) + MONTH([Release Event Start Date]@row) + DAY([Release Event Start Date]@row), “”) + ” ” + [Release Event (from Change Tracker)]@row

                  I wrapped with IFERROR in case the Release Event Start Date column was blank.

                  Thanks Peggy

                  in reply to: Adding Last Update (date & time) metric to dashboard #587
                  Peggy Parchert
                  Participant

                    Thank you! This is perfect!

                  Viewing 8 posts – 1 through 8 (of 8 total)