Michael Drayton

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 12 posts – 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Dancing with the Stars #8445
    Michael Drayton
    Participant

      LOL! Thanks Darren!

      in reply to: Project plan Dependency Settings #705
      Michael Drayton
      Participant

        OK I fixed this one. Phew!!

        When I’m using a template, I’m going to assume that the Predecessor column is not working correctly. I’m going to disable the Dependency Settings, remove dates and remove the predecessor and duration columns. Once completed, I’ll turn on the dependency settings. The system will ask me to add the predecessor and duration columns. Now I can be certain that the columns are properly activated.

        in reply to: Project plan Dependency Settings #704
        Michael Drayton
        Participant

          So What I’ve done is removed the Predecessors as they are initially setup. I’ve added all the dates and then repopulated the predecessors.

          However, when I add the predecessors its not updating manipulating the dates. Should I use another ID other than WBS?

          in reply to: Form filling 25-Oct training #703
          Michael Drayton
          Participant

            OUTSTANDING!! This is a great addition to the toolkit. Thanks

            I’m approaching this with the idea that initially a a row of information is not completed with the first attempt. I go back in, using the enhanced form and populating additional information. When i click submit and add the data, it creates a new row which in my use case creates a duplicate. Is this a wrong use case?

            Because I think in your demonstration, initially I may want to input some static data and then use the enhanced form to track other data.

            in reply to: index mystery #676
            Michael Drayton
            Participant

              Yes, that did indeed! thank you!

              in reply to: index mystery #674
              Michael Drayton
              Participant

                Thanks Darren as always! So I created a date column and then a Year helper column to extract the Year as a number and not a text. This would be more realistic anyway.

                Screenshot attached

                Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                in reply to: Fun with scheduling reports #672
                Michael Drayton
                Participant

                  That answers the question. thanks!!

                  in reply to: Comparing sheet data #648
                  Michael Drayton
                  Participant

                    I think IndexMatch better in this situation.

                    goodpage = has the ids
                    badpage = no ids
                    = INDEX({Project Name badpage}, MATCH([Project Name]@row, {Project Name Lookupbadpage}, 0))

                    put this in a helper column in the bad page.

                    in reply to: Comparing sheet data #646
                    Michael Drayton
                    Participant

                      Hi Tamarin, are the Names/Titles the same (i.e. exact match) in both sheets? if so, you can create a helper column on the sheet lacking IDs to do a formula like IndexMatch to populate the IDs from the “better page”. That’s how I would do that. There is a risk that spellings may differ, but that’s how i would take the 1st stab.

                      You could probably use DataMesh for which I’m not an expert.

                      in reply to: Copying folders or workspaces #641
                      Michael Drayton
                      Participant

                        Yup, all those are good. I just did another one and it seems to be working now. so it must have been a Smartsheet improvement moment. – thanks!

                        in reply to: Copying folders or workspaces #638
                        Michael Drayton
                        Participant

                          Hmmm… that’s not the improvement I was looking for. LOL

                          I pasted a copy of the folder and when I went to augment the project plan, none of the meta data changed because they were still linked to the original folder. I was with a client who did something similar and she had the same result.

                          in reply to: When a date is reached trigger #628
                          Michael Drayton
                          Participant

                            Hi Louise, if this is your first time running the automation, its important to do a test run. The automation “tends” to not run unless it was manually pushed the first time. Now that you clicked run, it should run with no problems.
                            -Have a great day!

                          Viewing 12 posts – 1 through 12 (of 12 total)