Louise Walisser

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 posts – 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Get Filename for Power Automate #660
    Louise Walisser
    Participant

      That worked, thank you! I wasn’t able to get to testing it until today. Appreciate it 🙂

      in reply to: Deleting Rows from a Report #645
      Louise Walisser
      Participant

        Thanks Darren. The replicating a row tip will be helpful for something else I need to set up.

        in reply to: When a date is reached trigger #631
        Louise Walisser
        Participant

          Please hold while I test this again tomorrow. Thanks for spotting the issue with the date, Darren!

          in reply to: When a date is reached trigger #629
          Louise Walisser
          Participant

            Hi Micheal, thanks! I have some other ones I’m setting up and I’ll try and see if it works for them. I appreciate the insight!

            in reply to: Report Error: Column Not Found #617
            Louise Walisser
            Participant

              I tried that several times and ended up creating new columns and pasting the data into them and deleting the old ones. Couldn’t clear the error in both the web app and desktop app without creating new columns.

              Thanks!

              in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #615
              Louise Walisser
              Participant

                I got it working!!! The demo videos were so helpful for understanding how the http call and arrays need to be set up. I might not have any more questions now that I know how to do this, hahaha. This is going to get a lot of usage 🙂 Thanks, Darren!

                If I make any improvements to the workflow, I’m happy to share them here.

                in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #613
                Louise Walisser
                Participant

                  I’m still working on how I can get an attachment from SS to PA.

                  Option #2 sounds promising, but the attachments in SS will have variable(changing) filenames because they are being uploaded by external form users. We specify the attachment naming format on the form, but haven’t had anyone follow it yet. Would we need to rename the attachments for the PA workflow?

                  When you get a chance, I’d be interested in seeing the workflows you created.

                  in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #611
                  Louise Walisser
                  Participant

                    Formatting wasn’t a problem (I now enough html to be dangerous). I am glad we can send email as well from a shared mailbox and attach the same file to every email (if needed).

                    in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #609
                    Louise Walisser
                    Participant

                      That is great to hear! My team has a couple of requests about adding this to their projects. I was looking at it today and the issues around sending attachments have me stumped.

                      We have an approval workflow where we first receive a form submission that includes attachments and SS sends an email alert that includes the attachment. Then we download the attachments and attach them to a new email for review/approval. We have to do the group email for approval and not in SS, because there is usually back and forth discussion via email.

                      What we’d like to have happen is when the form gets submitted, we want to automatically send out an email that looks like it came from Outlook and not SS with the excess links.

                      in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #607
                      Louise Walisser
                      Participant

                        I got it working! I deleted and built the for each loop piece again, no errors this time.

                        in reply to: Using Power Automate with Smartsheet #605
                        Louise Walisser
                        Participant

                          Hi Darren,

                          Thank you! I tried it out and I wasn’t able to get it working. I attached screenshots of the errors and settings in the ‘for each’ loops.

                          Thanks!
                          Louise

                          Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          in reply to: Index Match and Converting to a Column Formula #602
                          Louise Walisser
                          Participant

                            Thanks for the link, this gives me some ideas about how to improve our project setup.

                            in reply to: Index Match and Converting to a Column Formula #600
                            Louise Walisser
                            Participant

                              This works!! Thank you; I can take it from here. I’m not sure if I set up the project correctly with all the forms feeding into the same intake sheet. I wouldn’t have had this issue if I had made separate sheets for the progress reports and final reports. I guess solutions like this feel a little bit messy to me when compared with referencing another sheet for the information. Thanks again!

                            Viewing 13 posts – 1 through 13 (of 13 total)